Joint health is important if our canines are to live long and happy lives. Functioning joints are, after all, what helps our dogs to move and run easily without discomfort or rigidity. But sometimes our beloved pets need a little extra boost to keep their joints stable and working as well as possible. Joints may get sore or painful, and your once hyperactive, the fun-loving dog suddenly spends more and more time lying around. Joint supplements can help them get back them their active selves by supplying the boost dogs need.
We tried out hundreds of joint dog supplements to find out which ones were the best of the best. To name a few, we judged each addition based on ingredients, qualification, customer feedback, and cost. We have now narrowed our scope down to the top 10 joint supplements on the market for dogs.
The Best Dog Joint Supplements
Pet Goodness Liquid Glucosamine for Dogs
Pet Goodness, which contains several strong antioxidants and nutrients that help minimize inflammation and improve flexibility and energy, is without a doubt one of the best dog joint supplements on the market. This high-quality liquid hip and joint solution provide everything required to recover and feel young again by an elderly or injured dog, including high levels of glucosamine and chondroitin, the stars of joint and bone health. In addition to these, Pet Goodness also boasts OptiMSM, an organic sulfur compound that has immense joint health benefits that can help alleviate and treat arthritis pain, which is the purest type of MSM. There are also various antioxidants that not only help to reduce general inflammation but also strengthen the immune system, such as vitamin C, coenzyme Q10, and astaxanthin. The formula has a bacon taste to top it all off so it should be no problem to administer. All in all, one of the most potent dog joint supplements at a remarkably cost-effective price.
- Contains 2000 mg glucosamine, 1200 mg chondroitin, and 1000 mg MSM
- Filled with anti-inflammatory drugs, such as astaxanthin and Q10 coenzyme
- Consists of essential fatty acids and aloe vera
- Produced with ingredients of human quality
- Helps to minimize joint pain and inflammation even in Arthritis dogs
- Reinforces immunity and enhances muscular energy
- Crafted from top-quality products
- Super-easy to use thanks to the taste of bacon
- Since this is a liquid supplement, refrigeration is needed.
Cosequin MSM Joint Health Supplement for Dogs
The Cosequin DS Plus remains one of the most trusted dog joint supplements, mainly because of its excellent combination of three potent ingredients proven to enhance joint health, support cartilage remodelling and regeneration, and relieve some of the arthritis-related symptoms.It includes methylsulfonylmethane, or MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin, both of which function to ensure optimal joint protection for your dog. The formulation comes in chewable tablet form so it shouldn’t be too hard to administer to pets.
- Every tablet contains 600 milligrams of shellfish-derived glucosamine, 300 milligrams of pork cartilage-derived chondroitin sulfate, and 250 milligrams of MSM.
- With 3 mg of manganese;
- Formulation of Chewable Tablets
- Chewable formulation makes administration simpler for
- Exceptional levels of mutual substances per tablet; higher than most marks
- Advised by most veterinarians
- A little bit costly, a little bit
- Can contain some artificial flavours
Genuine Naturals Glucosamine Chondroitin, MSM
In addition to the good joint abilities of MSM, chondroitin, and glucosamine, add the superior anti-inflammatory action of turmeric and you get this substance in soft chews from Genuine Naturals. It also includes yucca, well-known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties due to its abundant vitamin C source. This Arthritis medicine’s gentle chew preparation for dogs makes it an excellent alternative for individuals who may have pets who hate tablets. Your dog can, at any rate, get the right quantities of these good joint-giving substances in a preparation that dogs know quickly.
- 200 mg glucosamine, 100 mg MSM, and 65 mg chondroitin in are contained in each chew.
- Contains extra nutrients, such as vitamin C and vitamin E
- Contains organic turmeric and shidigera with dried yucca
- Includes eggshell meal rich in collagen, coconut oil, linseed, oat flour, vegetable oil, rice bran
- The adequate sum of glucosamine and MSM
- Vitamins, organic turmeric, and other basic organic oils have been added for healthy joints and pain relief.
- No synthetic products, including flavouring and colouring
- Comes as a chewable shape in the shape of a treat
- Lower Chondroitin levels than other brands
Doggie Dailies Bundle – Hip and Joint & Probiotic Soft Chews
One of the benefits of making the Advanced Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs available to your pet in soft chew form is that it includes two additional ingredients that may not be included in other products. There is Co-Enzyme Q10 and Hyaluronic Acid in the Doggie Dailies.CoQ10 is essential for its antioxidant activity, while HA is best known for improving synovial fluid output, which effectively lubricates the whole capsule of the joint. Pressure and swelling would be more serious without the synovial fluid, which contributes to immobility. There are also vitamins, micronutrients, and minerals which help to promote overall health in general.
- Each chew contains 100 mg of chondroitin and 50 mg of glucosamine and MSM
- With added shidigera yucca, hyaluronic acid, and Q10 coenzyme
- With natural ingredients such as chicken liver, cooked chicken, linseed, salmon oil, egg, cabbage liver oil, vegetables, and rice bran
- Comes with 2 free dog care e-books
- All-round treatment for joint, skin, and heart health
- For greater health benefits, the incorporation of Co-Q10 and hyaluronic acid
- Uses only fresh, quality ingredients
- Comes in the soft chewable formulation to make administration easier
- Width greater than most labels
- Slightly lower glucosamine and chondroitin levels relative to other labels
VetriScience Laboratories – GlycoFlex 3 Hip and Joint Support for Dogs
Intended for one of the best dog vitamins for joint wellbeing, in addition to MSM and glucosamine plus manganese and selenium, the Glyco-Flex III includes vitamins C and E. All these ingredients are required to enhance the overall quality of highly active dog joints, working breeds, and even senior dogs. The dog chews come in the flavors of chicken which dogs love. Vitamin C is particularly essential for collagen development to help maintain cartilage structure.
- Perna canaliculus, vitamins E and C, l-glutathione, selenium, and manganese are included.
- Contains grape seed extract, rosemary extract, the liver flavor of chicken
- Each chew contains 500 mg of glucosamine from crabs and crevices and MSM
- Per pill, extraordinary levels of MSM and glucosamine
- Uses only natural pet-safe products
- Clinically proven to improve hind length power by as much as 41 percent in a month
- Veterinary Advised
- Doesn’t contain chondroitin sulfate
- A bit expensive
PetNC Natural Care Tear Stain Remover for All Pets
If you don’t like your dog’s chewable tablets then the Particular Paws Glucosamine powder should be a wise option. With the addition of hyaluronic acid for synovial fluid consistency and vitamins C and E for additional antioxidant results, this product comes with 3 essential substances for optimum joint protection. The net outcome is an improvement in the symptoms of joint problems and the security of the net mobility of the joint.
- Every teaspoon contains 250 mg of shellfish-derived glucosamine, 250 mg of MSM, and 100 mg of porcine chondroitin.
- Enriched with patented enzymes and essential fatty acids, the formulation
- Contains hyaluronic acid and green-lipped mold
- Yucca schidigera, Boswellia serrate, and vitamins C and E are included.
- Comes in powdered form
- Dust formulation makes it easier to blend with food from pets
- The addition of vitamins, enzymes, and essential fatty acids helps to encourage overall health and not just for the bones.
- Using only all-natural components to enhance the wellbeing of pets
- Can be more expensive, because it’s powdered
- Has the risk of not taking the prescribed dose
Nutramax Dasuquin with MSM Soft Chews
Consider Dasuquin as Cosequin, but with excellent anti-osteoarthritis properties , making it one of the dog arthritis medicine brands that are most trusted. The only distinction between Dasuquin and Cosequin is the addition of Avocado / Soybean Unsaponifiables or ASUs that have been well-documented to play a significant role in osteoarthritis management. This means that Cosequin is mostly used as a prevention medicine, while Dasuquin is best used for dogs with established osteoarthritis or any other related health issues. It also comes in the form of soft chews that make it simple to administer.
- 900 mg of glucosamine, 350 mg of chondroitin, and 800 mg of MSM are contained in each chew.
- Enriched with rosemary, soybean extract, and avocado
- Contains significantly higher amounts of joint-friendly substances than other brands
- Does not include other ingredients which may influence the main action mechanism of joint health active ingredients
- More expensive than other brands
The Missing Link Pet Kelp Formula
The Missing Link supplements for dog joints are a perfect alternative if you believe in the strength of Omega-3 essential fatty acids. It boasts omega-3 fatty acids and its most active ingredients are glucosamine. Omega-3 fatty acids are excellent antioxidants and can help to suppress processes of inflammation. The Missing Link is better characterised as a dietary supplement due to its protein , fat, fibre and moisture content which is considerably higher in proportion to its active ingredients.
- A tablespoon contains between 400 and 510 mg glucosamine
- Contains essential fatty acids such as omega3 and omega6
- It contains a minimum of 18% protein, 28% fat, and a maximum of 15% fiber and 10% moisture.
- Full added food for dogs
- Includes flaxseed, glucosamine, beef liver, cane molasses, and rice bran
- The recipe is a full-meal dog food containing protein, fat, fiber, and moisture.
- For more balanced canine feeding, fortified with vitamins and minerals
- Includes natural food ingredients which dogs love to eat
- The product is not a dedicated joint wellbeing supplement but an extra dog food
- Does not contain MSM and chondroitin, even though there is a high glucosamine level
GlycanAid HA Factor Chewable Dog Supplement
Compared to other related products like Doggie Dailies, GlycanAid HA boasts the largest levels of hyaluronic acid. This helps to ensure smoother articular surface movement, to reduce friction, and to improve the symptoms of articular compression. In turn, you’re having well-lubricated joints for your dog, making them more stable and easier to move without experiencing discomfort. For easier administration, GlycanAid HA also comes in chewable tablet form.
- Each chewable tablet contains 500 mg of chondroitin and 125 mg of MSM and glucosamine
- Cetyl myristoleate complex, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C formulation
- Enriched with patented formulations for OmniMin and AstraGin
- Comes in tablet formulation with chewables
- Excellent quantities of MSM, glucosamine, and chondroitin for more general health benefits
- Inclusion of patented joint health innovations in order to further boost the impact of the three main substances
- Comes in a chewable tablet shape quick to administer and great-tasting
- Very expensive compared to other brands
Best Dog Joint Supplements Buying Guide
Why Use Dog Joint Supplements?
A dog with joint issues isn’t that different from you with arthritis or discomfort or swelling in the joint. You can barely move as each attempt is like pulling on a 5-ton vehicle to move a leg. During cold weather it also gets worse as the muscles begin to tug on the various structures that bind it to the joints, leading to increased swelling and discomfort. These physiological reactions are identical to dogs. A pet dog with joint issues usually will also exhibit the following symptoms.
- Highly irritable particularly when it is made to move from a given place
- Difficulty sitting up or standing up from a sitting position from a lying position
- Intentionally slower limb movements
- Continuous joints leaching
- It hesitates to move to walk or run, or even completely avoids it.
- Whines or cries even though there is no apparent reason
- Stays in her kennel, dog crate, or dog bed exceptionally long
- Until its food and water bowls are brought near, it can not eat or drink
- Struggles or stop climbing up and downstairs
- Limps for any good purpose when walking
- Behaves in a way that varies significantly from previous actions
These are only some of the potential indicators that joint issues might already be experienced by your dog. A trip to your veterinarian will assist with utter certainty in determining your suspicions. A number of medications can also be provided to your dog to help relieve the symptoms as well as potentially reverse the progression of the disease. In certain cases, a joint supplement will be given to you that you will prescribe to your pet. But why does your dog consider joint supplements important?
Types of Dog Joint Supplements
Now that you know why you need to offer canine joint medicine, you may need to know how to provide those supplements as best you can. There are currently three basic types of dog joint supplements. The following are these.
Liquids – This is also the most common type of supplement formulation, as the dog’s intestinal tract readily absorbs every bit of the active ingredients. Some manufacturers recommend combining it with food, while others, typically through a medicine dropper or a specially made liquid medication syringe, need to be provided as a whole.
Tablets – One of the most common problems with tablet use is the relative difficulty of getting your pet to swallow it. Although experts suggest pushing the tablet all the way to the back of the throat to circumvent the pet’s gag reflex, seeing your pet suffer needlessly is just too painful particularly if your hand is much larger than your pet’s mouth. Additionally, tablet formulations also contain binders to compact and avoid loosening of the active ingredients. Unfortunately, the number of absorbable ingredients may be influenced by this.
Powders – For those who don’t want to deal with either tablets or liquids, these are excellent options. These can be mixed or dissolved in your pet’s drink with food. You’ll need to search the package directions either way.
Dog chews – Some supplement manufacturers build their products such as doggie treats for dog joints, making them more palatable for dogs. You do not have to shove the pill down the throat of your pet anymore.
Dog Joint Supplements Ingredients and Their Benefits
There are a number of ingredients that are considered vital to improving canine articulations’ overall health while also alleviating any symptoms associated with such specific conditions. Here are 10 of the most common ingredients of canine joint medicine, and what each is doing for your pet.
Glucosamine is well known as one of the precursor molecules of glycosaminoglycans which, in turn, are a very important component of cartilage, the joints-forming tissue. Plus, glucosamine is a helpful component in safe cartilage continuing to shape and grow. It can also help to decrease the severity and duration of arthritis and can also help to relieve the discomfort associated with these conditions.
Glucosamine is usually paired with chondroitin to help relieve joint pain, making it an arthritis drug that is equally beneficial for dogs. The speed of wound recovery and healing can also be increased, which can be helpful if your dog also has associated skin issues.
Physiologically, a very critical structural component of cartilage is chondroitin. Its main purpose is to provide compression resistance so that the underlying bone structure is not easily weakened. It has also been shown to dramatically decrease the rate of cartilage breakdown, allowing the body ample time to repair and heal the weakened articular surface.
Chondroitin is often combined with glucosamine, especially in the management of osteoarthritis, as we have already stated above. Together, these drugs can relieve articular pain while also reducing the swelling associated with inflammatory events of this type.
Another popular ingredient found in many dog-joint supplements is methylsulfonylmethane or MSM. It is particularly helpful in reducing signs and symptoms of inflammation, which, especially those involving membranes, is often a hallmark of joint problems. The ability to neutralize circulating free radicals that can worsen any inflammatory condition, particularly in the joints, adds to its exceptional anti-inflammatory property. MSM is also helpful in healing cartilaginous tissues more efficiently, supplying the essential building blocks of cartilage with sulfur. This also contributes to more efficient collagen development, a protein that is an essential component of many body tissues, such as the skin and cartilage. It may also help boost the overall health and flexibility of these structures by increasing the supply of collagen.
Maybe this Indian spice isn’t at the top of your mind when it comes to canine joint wellbeing. However, multiple studies have found out that turmeric, thanks to its active ingredient, curcumin, is one of the most powerful medicinal herbs. As an ingredient in dog joints supplements, turmeric functions as an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, skin-protective, and anti-arthritic preparation. Studies demonstrate that its most potent property is an anti-inflammatory one. This addresses many of the signs and symptoms, such as pain, stiffness, swelling, and immobility, or inflexibility, of canine joint problems. Dogs are able to move easily by reducing the inflammatory processes inside the joints.
Canine joint conditions are a major concern for many dog owners as it affects the level of comfort and agility of their pet and greatly impairs their ability to interact and socialize with their masters and other pets. Giving them the right joint supplement can help prevent their articular health from rapidly worsening, thus encouraging maximum mobility and overall canine quality of life.
Also, See Top 6 Victor Dog Food Products