Best Food for English bulldog: Best Feeding Practices Explained
Everybody who owns a bulldog, regardless of its size and age, must realize that a healthy diet goes a long way in shaping up the bones and the overall physical presence. As English bulldog is actually the fourth most popular dog breed, according to independent surveys, it is their adorable personality and facial structure that makes them a sought-after breed. Here is a detailed step-pronged approach towards selecting the best food choices for English bulldog.
The Bulldog, also known as the British Bulldog or English Bulldog, is a medium-sized breed of dog. It is a muscular, hefty dog with a wrinkled face and a distinctive pushed-in nose. The American Kennel Club (US), The Kennel Club (UK), and the United Kennel Club (US) oversee breeding records. Bulldogs are popular pets; they were the fourth most popular purebred in the US in 2016 according to the American Kennel Club. Read More from (Wikipedia)
Things to Consider before Zeroing in on Food Items
Before identifying the best food choices for English bulldog, it is important to understand a few critical pointers. Firstly, the facial structure of this animal is extremely flattened which makes it harder to chew food upon picking up the same. Moreover, the shorter muzzles also make eating and breathing difficult, when done simultaneously. What stands out is the brachycephalic breed which often ends up experiencing dental problems later in their life; thereby making it hard to consume solid food. In the case of an English bulldog, the choice or rather the texture of food is more important in comparison to the nutrient profile. What needs to be ascertained is that almost every bulldog is expected to face health issues, including digestive and immune issues, later in life and therefore it is important that every factor is taken care of, in regards to their nutrient profile and food quality. However, they shouldn’t be fed in excess as a majority of these dogs also face obesity issues with age.
How Balanced Nutrition Looks Like?
In terms of a balanced nutrient profile for English bulldog, it is important to consider options that facilitate joint support, higher energy levels, and easy digestion. The best food for English bulldog puppy and even the older (old English bulldog) ones can, therefore, be tricky to choose. While the younger ones require additional protein sources besides complex carbs and healthy fats, the aging ones shouldn’t be fed items that are high in protein content. What’s important to note that food choices for English bulldog are determined by the age of the dog and even the physical state!
Best Food for English bulldog: 10 products that stand out
In the subsequent sections, we shall look at 10 of the best food products for English bulldog which eventually would take care of all their nutritional requirements, regardless of their age:
1. Royal Canin Breed— Dry Dog Food for Adult Bulldog
Without a doubt, Royal Canin Breed Health Nutrition product needs to be placed right at the top, in regards to a bulldog’s nutritional profile. What actually stands out is the quality in store for the pets which simplify the existing digestive processes.
- The profile includes balanced fibers which can come in handy for the bulldog owners, in regards to minimizing the digestive issues and flatulence.
- Skin-strengthening is also a major trait courtesy the involvement of some of the most essential micronutrients.
- The food served to the dog comes in a predefined texture which makes it easier for the animal to pick the same up with the teeth, despite having a short nose and a shorter muzzle.
- Lastly, prolonged usage of this dog food also leads to minimal instances of diarrhea, gas, and even skin issues.
2. Purina Pro Plan— Dry Dog Food
Purina Pro Plan dog food is another specialist food variant for the Bulldogs which focus primarily on adding essential vitamins and fatty acids, into the scheme of things. While the food is naturally good for the gut, it also helps keep a vibrant coat and healthy skin.
- Easily absorbable nutrient profile for maintaining a state of physical well-being
- Best food product for sensitive skins, maintaining longevity, and weight management
3. Royal Canin— Dry Food for Smaller Bulldogs
For someone who is interested in feeding the smaller Bulldogs, this product can really come in handy. Better termed as Brachycephalic, the bulldog puppies have a lower jaw structure which makes it harder for them to catch hold of food and chew the same. This dry food is great for the overall immune system and plays a pivotal role in the overall growth of cartilages.
- Helps maintain joint and skin health
- Kibble size is perfectly suitable for the puppies
- Natural defenses are easily enhanced
4. Canidae All Life Stages— Dry Dog Food
Canidae All Life Stages food product is specially designed to meet the nutritional requirements of bulldogs, regardless of the life stage. The best thing about this product is that perfect conglomerate of premium ingredients which are completely formulated according to the veterinary guidelines. What stands out is the availability of multiple flavors and meat combinations for better satiety!
- A great protein profile with ample quantities of probiotics
- The excellent nutrient profile that keeps immune issues and digestive problems at bay
- Coat and skin health is maintained perfectly upon adding this product to the diet regime
- The likes of fur shedding and gas issues are also taken care of
5. Royal Canin— Dry Food for French Bulldog
This probably is the best food for French bulldog and is specially crafted to fulfill the diverse requirements of French Bulldogs that are more than 12 months old. Standing out are the customized kibbles for better digestion and pick up followed by the addition of L-carnitine for amplifying metabolism!
- High-quality proteins are easily digestible
- best food for French bulldog
- Nutrient cover to avoid wrinkles
- Prolonged usage results in odorless stool
6. Blue Freedom— Grain Free Dog Food
Unlike other dog breeds, bulldogs might need attention for longer periods of time as they might just experience a lot of allergies, including runny nose, itches, and more. This is where this food variant comes in handy as it allows bulldogs to eat properly without their owners worrying about the existing conditions.
- A grain-free formula with a decent antioxidant profile
- Ample quantities of minerals and vitamins and even regarded as the best food for English bulldog
- Best for dogs across all ages as it offers digestive care and freedom from recurring skin issues.
- Blue Freedom dog food comes in 3 Flavor: 1. Large Breed Chicken Recipe, 2. Large Breed Beef Recipe, 3. Large Breed Lamb Recipe
7. Wellness Simple—Dry Dog Food
Wellness Simple dog food product is easily digestible and specially formulated for animals with intolerances, allergies, and other issues. What’s good about this product is that the all-natural profile is a charm to work with.
- Excellent source of gluten-free carbohydrates
- Made up of single protein source for better absorption
- The perfect ally for defying skin and other health issues and is a great product for addressing gums, teeth, and eyes
8. Whole Earth— Dry Dog Food
Whole Earth farms are one product that’s known for an enviable nutrient profile, especially suited towards the young animals. What makes it different is the quality of protein in use. Moreover, this product also aids and supports in digestion; thereby making it one of the best food options for English bulldog. This is the best Grain Free Dry Dog Food for English bulldogs.
- Supports shinier skin and healthier coat
- No by-products are used
- Grain-free product with ample consideration of fibers supporting better digestion
9. Natural Ultramix— Dry Dog Food
Dog food from natural Ultramix can easily be considered as the best food variant for English bulldogs courtesy the kibble texture, minimal additives, and a fiber-rich nutrient profile. While this option is typically available for the English dog breeds, even French bulldogs can enjoy the same as the nutritional aspects are pretty well covered.
- Real pieces of veggies and fruits are added
- Kibble is primarily made up of real salmon
- Rich antioxidant profile and easy availability of fatty acids.
- Natural ultramix dog food comes in 3 size: 5.5 lb, 15 lb, 25 lb.
10. Taste of The Wild— Dry Dog Food
Taste of The Wild dog food is a grain-free version of a popular food product that is quite premium and best suitable for large dog breeds. While the protein profile is quite substantial courtesy the availability of amino acids and other options, no additional adulterants are introduced for increasing or tweaking the consistency.
- Contains super foods that are rich in antioxidants
- Great combination of proprietary probiotics and even fatty acids
- Fortified with real lamb meat
When it comes to selecting the best food for an English bulldog, the mentioned products readily show up at the top of the pecking order. What makes them different is that each one of the mentioned products is specially manufactured by keeping the concerned breed in mind, including the issues that they are expected to encounter growing up in life. However, it is still advisable to look at the English bulldog food ratings and food suggestions before taking the final call.